Maybe the best list ever.
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Here's a list of things I wrote down to help me remember the spontaneous talk I gave at the Dixon a few weeks ago as part of the Present Tense exhibit, which features my tiny paintings.
- tiny outfits
- keeping a sketchbook
- going-out sketchbook
- cruise story
- Urban Sketchers
- my people
- board, Barcelona
- Santo Domingo
- no assholes
- serious & constant
- New Orleans
- 1 1/2 drinks
- during the night
- not that bad
This is the last weekend of the show! I'll be in the galleries with a bunch of the other artists and we'll all be talking about our work. I can't find information about it on the website, but it's at 2:00 PM this Sunday, April 14. Hope to see you there!
Thursday, March 14, 2013
Thursday, January 17, 2013
My friends and I tend toward hyperbole when we get together. Here are some of the best things from our New Year's Eve. Best. Things. Ever.
- This is the best toffee ever!
- Purple Rain is the greatest song ever recorded!
- Quincy Jones is the most influential person in music!
- Miles Davis's autobiography was the best book ever!
- Templeton Rye is the best whiskey ever!
- In Your Eyes is the greatest song of all time!
- He's the best person she's every been married to!
Friday, December 28, 2012
Belle & Sebastian's version of O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
- This is the first time I've ever actually wanted to listen to O Come, O Come, Emmanuel.
- Not even Belle & Sebastian could make it into something I enjoy listening to.
- Until the female singer started - who knew this song could be so creepy!
- I'm a sucker for a melodica.