10. Shorten the games to 5 minutes since it's only the last 5 minutes of a basketball game that matters. Reduce the shot clock to 12 seconds.
9. Eliminate dribbling. It sounds silly. It looks silly.
8. Raise the goal to 15 feet.
7. Eliminate the playoffs or eliminate the regular season. It doesn't matter which, but one of them has to go.
5. No blood, no foul. With fewer fouls, free throws now count for 10 points. No fouling out.
4. In fact, revamp scoring completely. Shots in the paint count for 2. Shots inside the three-point line but not in the paint count for 3. Field goals count for 5. Backcourt shots count for 10.
3. Contract the league to the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls since those are historically the only relevant teams. I guess you can throw in Miami to balance things out mathematically and geographically. Now that I think about it, even the best teams typically have only two good players. Let's cut teams down to 3 players each.
2. One member of each team must be blindfolded at all times.
You get to sketch and hang out with people who sketch.
Sketching from Life
INSTRUCTOR: Elizabeth Alley DATE: 3 Sessions - Thursdays April 14-28
COST: $135 - Materials included
This class will help you to get in the habit of quickly drawing in your sketchbook from life to document a subject while capturing the a feeling of the moment. We will focus on shapes, mark-making and shading, while experimenting with a variety of materials. EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org PHONE: (901) 767-2999 ONLINE: class schedule
This list of all the books we have read in the almost 10 years we've been a bookclub was put together with the help of Goodreads and my very own brain. I sure hope this is really all of them. I remembered to put one book that I straight up did not read, but it's possible there was more than one in 10 years. This was already too big of a list to include authors, and inclusion on this list does not necessarily equal a recommendation, but if you have questions about either of those things feel free to ask!
Ladies Auxiliary (currently reading)
Slavery by Another Name: The Re-Enslavement of Black Americans from the Civil War to World War II
At Home: A Short History of Private Life
An Object of Beauty
Of Bees & Mist
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Code of the Woosters
The Recipe Club
The Elegance of the Hedgehog
The Mysterious Benedict Society
Julie & Julia
Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid
The Yiddish Policeman’s Union
A Wild Sheep Chase
In Defense of Food: An Eater’s Manifesto
Franny & Zooey
The Ladies No. 1 Detective Agency
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Nowhere Else on Earth
The Great Gatsby
The Year of Magical Thinking
The Pleasure of My Company
Water for Elephants
Chronicle of a Death Foretold
Unbearable Lightness of Being
Myth of You and Me
Lady Chatterly’s Lover
God is Not Great
Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay
Wild at Heart
If on a Winter’s Night a Traveler
Sleeping with the Devil: How Washington Sold Our Soul for Saudi Crude