1. Memphis Motorsports Park
2. Carpenter Sullivan Sossaman
3. Midtown Nursery
4. Central Station
5. Jefferson Avenue
6. Madison Avenue
Friday, May 29, 2009
- the gays
- the Middle East
- GK turning 3
- men who knit
- family reunions
- Eddie Izzard
- the cunning use of flags
- Kim Jong Il
- making ice cream
- eating on road trips
- The Yiddish Policemen's Union (though it was not actually mentioned by name)
- Midnight's Children
- loose teeth
- personal grooming habits
- high school French
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
- Does he/she already have this?
- This is too much, too big.
- This is too little.
- This is a stupid idea.
- I should've done this a week ago.
- Why don't they have anything decent in this store?!
Sunday, May 17, 2009
OOPS! I did not mean to leave that negative post hanging out there for so long. To balance that, here's a positive list of things I've enjoyed recently. Notice how much longer it is than the previous one - once I started this list, it was difficult to stop!
- Reading The Polysyllabic Spree by Nick Hornby
- Thinking about how Hornby's writing about reading would translate to writing about looking at art.
- Reading Food Matters by Mark Bittman and trying some of his recipes (I'm not saying they all work, though. At least not when I make them.)
- Sending flowers to my Mom for Mother's Day.
- Cocktail hour at the Dixon's.
- Seeing friends at the fund-raising event at work this past Friday, especially hanging out at Material with Hamlett Dobbins, who was nice enough to play Elvis Costello albums for me.
- Going on a date with my husband to see Star Trek.
- Leaving work early and taking a day off.
- Planning a trip to New York.
- Talking to people about Lost.
- Gossiping about Jon & Kate Plus 8 with the woman bagging my groceries at Schnucks.
- Thursday Night Dinner.
- Using my new label maker.
- Going to the Farmer's Market.
- Going to the Asian Market on Cleveland.
- Lunches with friends.
Friday, May 8, 2009
Friday, May 1, 2009
- a live owl
- Coast Guard boat ("Dude, you can like get on a boat and everything!")
- heart ultrasounds
- martial arts guy with a board for the kids to kick
- anyone handing out candy