- The Arcade!
- Federal Building!
- local guy! (I recognized him, but didn't know his name. Even so, his accent gave it away.)
- D'Army Bailey!
- Tom Lee Park!
- Is that Shelby Farms? Shelby Farms!
- Commercial Appeal! (Actually I just knew it was the CA, but I didn't actually "recognize" it - I haven't been in there in years)
Sunday, March 27, 2011
I actually yelled these out as I noticed them:
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Friday, March 18, 2011
Thursday, March 17, 2011
- Why does the moon follow us? (She asked this because you can see it everywhere you go)
- Why don't you drink beer with a straw?
- This isn't a race. (In response to Uncle Toby when he teased her for not being finished with her pizza after he had already finished)
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Over the past few weeks I've been sketching a soldier a day, as an exercise in reminding myself on a daily basis that there are approximately 90,000 Americans currently stationed in Afghanistan. Here is what I have learned so far:
- It is difficult to find news about the war in Afghanistan on the internet.
- Soldiers have to carry a LOT.
- Sometimes I start drawing the soldier's gun without even realizing what it is; it is so much a part of them.
Monday, March 14, 2011
Friday, March 4, 2011
By Click (Daily)
1. Oh good, they cleaned up that mess at mile marker 6. Thanks Shelby Farms Conservancy!
2. ACK, watch out squirrel…whew.
3. I wonder if she is going to move over…"on your left!"
4. Please don’t pop my rode tires, little wooden boards.
5. Dang..it is windy. I almost can’t keep my bike straight.
6. That is why those jerseyed guys need long bike rides – gears.
7. That prison food smelly yicky.
8. At least the wind will be at my back when riding back west.
9. Why isn’t the wind at my back?
10. Why do those concrete trucks have non-profit logos on them (Civil Rights Museum, Sun Studios)?
12. How can you jog with those big…nevermind.
13. Thank you, kind drivers, for stopping while I cross.
14. What a nice screened in porch.
15. I wonder if Toby Long and Richard Alley will have gone to lunch yet when I get back. And I wonder if they will invite me along.
16. I should write a list down for Elizabeth Alley.