- Reading The Polysyllabic Spree by Nick Hornby
- Thinking about how Hornby's writing about reading would translate to writing about looking at art.
- Reading Food Matters by Mark Bittman and trying some of his recipes (I'm not saying they all work, though. At least not when I make them.)
- Sending flowers to my Mom for Mother's Day.
- Cocktail hour at the Dixon's.
- Seeing friends at the fund-raising event at work this past Friday, especially hanging out at Material with Hamlett Dobbins, who was nice enough to play Elvis Costello albums for me.
- Going on a date with my husband to see Star Trek.
- Leaving work early and taking a day off.
- Planning a trip to New York.
- Talking to people about Lost.
- Gossiping about Jon & Kate Plus 8 with the woman bagging my groceries at Schnucks.
- Thursday Night Dinner.
- Using my new label maker.
- Going to the Farmer's Market.
- Going to the Asian Market on Cleveland.
- Lunches with friends.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Things I've Enjoyed Recently
OOPS! I did not mean to leave that negative post hanging out there for so long. To balance that, here's a positive list of things I've enjoyed recently. Notice how much longer it is than the previous one - once I started this list, it was difficult to stop!