Monday, October 11, 2010

A Few Things I Learned on My Cruise

  1. Get the motion-sickness patch! It's like magic, and makes all of the boat movement really fun.
  2. In the Gulf of Mexico, you can get a sunburn just from being outside - doesn't matter if you are in the shade or not. This may only apply to people who have ghost-like skin coloring such as myself.
  3. You can get food any time of the day, except between 11:00 PM and 11:30 PM.
  4. Do not expect to find any potato chips anywhere on the boat.
  5. Do not expect to find many quiet places to read on the boat.
  6. A boat is the ultimate location for people watching.
  7. It is difficult to get a Mexican Jeep with 100,000+ miles on it up to 90 kph (that was in Cozumel, not on the boat).
  8. If you go on the panorama deck at night, you might see a guy in his underwear getting his picture taken.
  9. Bob Marley protest songs are not really the right sentiment for a cruise.
  10. I would prefer to go a few months before hearing a Bob Marley song again.
  11. Having constant access to self-serve frozen yogurt cones is a little dangerous for me.
  12. I can't get through more than 10 pages of a Candace Bushnell novel.
  13. Even on a boat I'm overdressed.
  14. I guarantee I was the only person sketching on the boat.
  15. Though this was the only cruise I've ever been on, I know for a fact we had the best crew ever.

No comments: