Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Food I Just Made Out of Food about to Go Bad in my Fridge

  • chinese meatballs
    - ground turkey on the verge
    - 1/2 an onion
    - old rice
  • fried rice
    - old rice
    - also used edamame and peas & carrots from the freezer, and someone else who lives in this house says I never use the stuff from the freezer, so... bonus!
  • cornbread
    - buttermilk creeping towards that expiration date
  • banana bread
    - brown bananas
    - more of that buttermilk

2 comments:

Luli said...

Hi. I found you from your comment on Cup of Jo. I just wanted to tell you that when you wrote about the van driver showing up in a suit to be a witness at your wedding, it made me tear up. It broke my heart, but in a good way, to think of this man who put on his best suit to be a witness at your wedding. I am always amazed by the kindness of strangers. On how they will go above and beyond...

Memphis Urban Sketchers said...

Thank you so much, Luli! I teared up as I was writing it! That van driver was a really neat guy, and added to the specialness of our day :)