Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Giving an Off-the-Cuff Talk



















Here's a list of things I wrote down to help me remember the spontaneous talk I gave at the Dixon a few weeks ago as part of the Present Tense exhibit, which features my tiny paintings.

  • tiny outfits
  • keeping a sketchbook
  • going-out sketchbook
  • cruise story
  • Sketchwork
  • Urban Sketchers
  • Portland
  • my people
  • memUSk
  • board, Barcelona
  • Santo Domingo
  • no assholes
  • immediacy
  • practice
  • personal
  • serious & constant
  • teaching
  • threshold
  • New Orleans
  • 1 1/2 drinks
  • during the night
  • lesson
  • nervous
  • not that bad
This is the last weekend of the show! I'll be in the galleries with a bunch of the other artists and we'll all be talking about our work. I can't find information about it on the website, but it's at 2:00 PM this Sunday, April 14. Hope to see you there!


No comments: