Monday, January 28, 2008

About Running

  1. I enjoy running.
  2. I think of what I do as jogging because I do not go that fast. When did we stop saying "jogging"?
  3. My preferred speed is a 13-minute mile.
  4. I like to run 2 miles if I am going by distance or 30 minutes if I'm going by time.
  5. I ran 30 minutes in a row for the first time on December 31, 2006.
  6. I ran my first race, the Cooper Young 4-miler, on September 14, 2007. It was the first time I had ever run 4 miles. I ran the whole way with Click (Daily) by my side (otherwise I would not have made it).
  7. I ran my second race, the Memphis Grizzlies House 5k, in December '07. I finished in 35:09, my best time ever.
  8. When I was at roller derby practice, I would occasionally fantasize about when my roller derby days would end and I would become a runner - I liked the idea of a solitary endeavor.
  9. I still don't consider myself a runner because I don't do it consistently enough.
  10. My husband ran in a marathon!
  11. I don't think I could ever run in a marathon, and I am impressed by people who do or who have.
  12. I would like to run 5k's more regularly - they are like exercise with a prize at the end.
  13. I overpronate.
  14. It is difficult for me to run without my iPod.
  15. When I first started running I would spend the whole time thinking, "I'm running. I'm running. When can I stop running?"
  16. I used to be self-conscious about the way I run, but that must have gone away with thinking about running the whole time I was running.
  17. The worst thing about running is getting a stitch in my side. That is hard to recover from.
  18. It would be nice if I could get up early every morning and run, but that is a laughable idea. For now I will just stick with going to the Y when I can get there.

4 comments:

Mrs. Katherine said...

you've had listwork since 2006??!

Unknown said...

I've told myself for years that I am too big-boned and big-breated to jog....but, really I'm just lazy. (and when i do jog, the same EXACT words go through my mind...when can I stop??!!)

Heather said...

i was run-ning....

Sassy Molassy said...

I wish I liked running, but I spend the whole time wondering if it would be wrong to ask a passing car for a ride back.