Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Things that Made Me Miss the 90's Today

(I know - like I don't always miss the 90's)
1. Had a dream about my old 1972 Volkswagon Superbeetle, that I drove from 1992 to 1998.
2. Drove past U of M on my way to a meeting and saw people jay-walking to get to class. It made me miss the simplicity of going to school and being responsible for myself, and not having to settle any arguments about washed aggregate vs. broom finished concrete.
3. Also drove past Brother Juniper's - possibly the main highlight of my 7+ years of school. H and I would do anything we could to get there, even skipping class! And it was always worth it.
4. Wore jeans and tennis shoes to my meeting - because it was at a construction site - and remembered when I was in school and wore jeans & tennis shoes everyday. With a flannel shirt, which I don't really miss at all.

3 comments:

Stacey Greenberg said...

i was totally missing pierotti's yesterday, which closed in the 90s. especially when jigsaw told me that they had a buffet that included marshmallows, gummy bears, and fritos.

Anonymous said...

Hi! This is the perfect post!- I was looking for anything that reminds me of the 90s and I came across your post.

I get a weird feeling of nostalgia whenever I watch a film from the 1990s- It's just a wonderful little sad feeling. It's almost like I traveled back in time.

Glad to see that someone else feels it too. Thanks for the post.

Sweet Sassy Molassy said...

What's not to miss about the '90s? It was a golden age!