1. Upon entering the museum, got caught making a face when I saw the fiberglass cow painted with the Blue Dog.
2. Walked into the first gallery and turned my nose up at the Blue Dog.
3. Reflected on how much I enjoy feeling superior.
4. Spent some time looking at the decorative art, which I usually skip in any museum.
5. Breathed a sigh of relief as I entered the Dixon residence, my favorite part of the museum with its musty old house smell and its lovely little Constable & Corot paintings.
6. Reveled in the jewel-like plein air paintings by 19th century artists.
7. Decided that if I were going to take 1 piece of art home with me today, it would be a tiny little painting by Henri-Joseph Harpignies, who I've never heard of, but whose application of paint is delicious.
8. Even though it's 157 degrees outside, I walked around the gardens because I had more of the Police's "Outlandos d'Amour" to listen to on my iPod.
9. Drew this fountain.