Day 2: To Santa Fe and Beyond!
1. After leaving OK City, we noticed the landscape change - the trees were farther apart and there was lots of green and orange.
2. Then we reached Texas, where the landscape changed to looking like Cookie Crisp, then changed to a flat, dusty nothing.
3. Stopped in Amarillo at Boots & Jeans to get T some boots and jeans.
4. Came down with Texas madness!
5. Entered New Mexico - mesas everywhere, and very little else. Got New Mexico madness before even reaching Santa Fe.
6. Santa Fe is brown.
7. We went to the Georgia O'Keefe Museum. This might be the Georgia O'Keefe Museum. It also might be a convenience store, or it might be the hotel where we stayed.
8. There were Native American vendors at the Palace of the Governors
9. Went to the Cathedral of St. Francis of Assisi
10. Left Santa Fe for Denver! Stopped along the way in Las Vegas, NM, which has an adorable town square. We also got plum fried pie and possibly the best tamales I've ever eaten from a Tamaleria there.
11. Drove through the mountains and around the mountains and with the mountains to the left of us before reaching Denver.