- Walked across the trestle over Cooper Street that Jill Turman's art is on now.
- Drove Vito Acconci to the airport.
- Had dinner with Dennis Oppenheim.
- Managed around 50 completed projects.
- Curated about 20 shows for the County Mayor's office, leading to the purchase of artwork by at least 20 artists.
- Moved our office 5 times.
- Set up a computer network for our office just by clicking around until it worked.
- Presented at City Council committee meetings at least 4 times.
- Wrote at least a dozen grants.
- Traveled to New York, Seattle, DC, Nashville, Clarksville, Palm Beach, Las Vegas and Philadelphia for conferences and such.
- Had a meeting about a pig.
- Scraped grout.
- Emptied wet stuff out of an office that had been drenched with water used to put out a fire in the office above.
- Toured the abandoned police headquarters on Adams.
- Berated by a woman with lipstick on her teeth.
- Visited a lot of studios!
- Visited a farm in Frayser.
- Climbed scaffolding.
- Attended a very fancy party.
- Spoke on the radio a couple of times.
- Interviewed maybe 100 artists?
- Planned too many events to count.
- Employed about 15 interns.
- Made some good friends.
- Learned A LOT.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
25 Things for 10 Years
Last week was my 10th anniversary at the UrbanArt Commission. Here are just a few things I've done in the 10 years I've been there: