Monday, December 8, 2008

Year of Obsessions

I know the year isn't up, and I'm certain to become obsessed with something new within the next 3 1/2 weeks, but maybe my current obsession is making a list of the things I've been obsessed with in 2008?

1. Flight of the Conchords
2. Amelie - movie and soundtrack
3. Paris
4. Lines & Shapes
5. Swedish blogs: a) Camille Engman, b) Smosch, c) Fine Little Day, d) Studio Violet - the ultimate - it's about the studio that a) and c) share!
6. John from Cincinnati - short, confusing HBO series
7. reading (even more than usual)
8. Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything
9. finding books by Elizabeth Taylor (the writer not the actress) in used book stores
10. tamales
11. finding the right slippers (still haven't found them)
12. Mansfield Park
13. the Juno soundtrack
14. Facebook
15. dresses
16. organizing my studio
17. bento boxes
18. mechanical pencils
19. Myers-Briggs personality types (ISTJ)
20. Memphis Farmers Market

And for the next few days I'll be obsessing over what I may have left off of this list.

9 comments:

Stacey Greenberg said...

try the tamales in kristy's freezer!

Unknown said...

I count at least six things held over from 2007 ... or earlier.

Memphis Urban Sketchers said...

I never claimed they were new! I like to recycle obsessions. (I think that's called OCD.)

Chris said...

holy cow. i'm an ENFP. the opposite in all 4 categories. very interesting.

Chris said...

actually i'm an INFP. ok. 3 out of 4.

Memphis Urban Sketchers said...

If you're the Chris I'm thinking of then, yes, you are totally an I. I's rule!

Chris said...

it's chris, of chris and christa.

Unknown said...

Chris and Christa? Didn't y'all write "Reunited?"

Memphis Urban Sketchers said...

See, I knew it. I can spot a fellow "I".