Tuesday, August 31, 2010

New Artist's Statement - In List Form!

Artist’s Statement:
5 Words That Describe My Artwork
1. Bold
2. Painterly
3. Purposeful
4. Pretty
5. Bittersweet

5 Subjects I Might Paint
1. People I know, from photographs, cropped so that you don’t know that you don’t know them
2. People I don’t know, also from photographs, also cropped so that I don’t know that I don’t know them
3. Places I’ve been
4. People or places that other people ask me to paint, also known as Commissions
5. Food

5 Reasons Why I Paint These Subjects
1. To show relationships through body language, because our heart can convey a feeling through body language that our head might not even be aware of
2. To show places that might spark a feeling of familiarity
3. To show places that might spark a feeling of foreignness
4. Because people ask me to
5. Because food can be pretty, and can spark memories and feelings associated with past events or future longings

2 comments: