Friday, March 30, 2007

Things NOT TO SAY TO A PREGNANT WOMAN

My sister is pregnant and has about 7 weeks to go. The following is a list of actual things that actual people have said to her. If I could, I would personally track down these people and punch them in the stomach on her behalf. Instead, I will just list them here and ask you to please never say stuff like this to a pregnant woman:

1. Wednesday, March 21: The lady at the dry cleaner's asks, "Any day now?"
2. Wednesday, March 21: The lady in the mall food court asks, "You're just about ready, huh?"
3. Saturday, March 24: A waiter at a wedding asks if she has about 2 weeks left.
4. Monday, March 26: Random man walking through the hospital parking lot says, "Looks like it's going to be any day now!"
5. Thursday, March 29: As she was getting out of her car, a random man said, "Wow! You look like you should be going to the hospital instead of work."

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You also shouldn't say, "Hey! You're fat!"

Memphisotan said...

6. "How are you feeling?"

It's nice that you care, really, but I've already answered that 193 times today. Oh, and also ...

7. "I hope to Gawwwd you're pregnant!" (Said to me at Double Decker in April, 2003.)

The Saucier said...

Isn't that a list of one thing not to say?

Mrs. Katherine said...

rja, you shouldn't say that to ANY woman.

Heather said...

My favorite was when I was at Walgreens and the women checking me out asked how long I had. I said 6 weeks and she said "You're not going to make it! You have no room left!" So nice!

Anonymous said...

My wife was only about six months pregnant and had a chinese craving. When we got up to pay, the little girl behind the counter stepped back from us, her eyes got huge and said, "You must be having twins!" We haven't been back to that particular spot...