Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Irritating Things That Happened Today

1. At the grocery store I dropped a blueberry yogurt and it exploded on my pants. This was not the first thing that happened, but it was the least irritating, as I have already stated that I do not mind doing laundry.

2. After picking up our new work computers (that part was definitely not irritating!) I decided to feast on some fish tacos at nearby Las Tortugas, but when I got there it was closed until January 8th. I knew I shouldn't have gone back to work this week.

3. To emphasize that I shouldn't have gone back to work this week, while I was attempting to set up our new computers (as the default "tech person" because my husband used to work with computers), I accidently caused our main computer, the one with all of the files on it, to shut down and require signing in with a password - a password that I do not know and do not have written down - causing me to have to call the actual tech people, the ones who charge us money, the ones I was trying to avoid having to call so often by getting new computers.

6 comments:

Mrs. Katherine said...

you're a default tech person because your husband used to work with computers? i wonder if that makes me a default pilot?

Memphis Urban Sketchers said...

it does if you work for a non-profit in need of a pilot.

Heather said...

you guys just made me laugh out loud all alone here in my cube. my neighbors must think i am nuts!

Stacey Greenberg said...

a smile from senor dreamy would have fixed your day right up! damn!

Mel said...

I love technology, but not as much as you, you see~ but I still love technology...
always and forever~
always and forever~

Anonymous said...

don't worry, i didn't charge you guys for it ;]

-actual tech guy