Monday, July 14, 2008

My Weekend

1. Made biscuits from scratch to go with spinach omelets for dinner. They weren't bad.
2. Went to the Memphis Farmers Market and bought some lovely fresh vegetables and fruits.
3. Implemented the organizational system in my studio that I learned from the awesome Maryanne McDonald. I've been using the system at work since February, and it's the only way I'm able to get anything done.
4. Listened to the first 4 episodes of Lost while working in the studio. The first season of Lost was scary!
5. Read this great quote from Peter Schjeldahl in a review of Olafur Eliasson in the New Yorker: "'Art' has become the promiscuous catchall for anything artificial that meets no practical need but which we like, or are presumed or supposed to like."







6. Saw "Hellboy 2" with T. It was pretty awesome - especially all of the creatures. More on the movie experience later. Maybe.








7. Went roller skating for the first time since September(!) with some fellow former Z-girls. It was so fun! I forgot how much I enjoy skating, though next time I'm wearing my knee pads to just feel extra safe as I navigate through children falling down and skating backwards.
8. Started the new bookclub book: In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan. It is good stuff.

1 comment:

Mrs. Katherine said...

I can't believe you saw Hellboy. Weird.