- The Arcade!
- Federal Building!
- local guy! (I recognized him, but didn't know his name. Even so, his accent gave it away.)
- D'Army Bailey!
- Tom Lee Park!
- Is that Shelby Farms? Shelby Farms!
- Commercial Appeal! (Actually I just knew it was the CA, but I didn't actually "recognize" it - I haven't been in there in years)
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Memphis-Related Things I Recognized in the Movie "Nothing but the Truth"
I actually yelled these out as I noticed them:
Organized by Memphis Urban Sketchers at 8:15 PM No comments:
Saturday, March 26, 2011
List I Found in a Sketchbook from June 2008
- marching band
- Quincy, IL
- "travel genre"
- monkey knife fight
- Fairhope, AL
- acapella junkie
Organized by Memphis Urban Sketchers at 9:57 PM 2 comments:
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Some Places Where You Can Find Me
- Flicker Street Studio: I will be teaching a sketching class there next month!
- Art House Co-op: I participated in their last Sketchbook Project.
- Etsy: I sell small drawings here; soon tiny paintings as well.
Organized by Memphis Urban Sketchers at 3:31 PM 1 comment:
Friday, March 18, 2011
Current Mix of Topics from my Twitter Feed
- Play-by-play of U of M basketball game
- The current state of science education
- Whether art reviews should be discontinued
- News from Japan
Organized by Memphis Urban Sketchers at 1:37 PM No comments:
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Smart Things 4-Year-Old Clara Said at Dinner Last Night
- Why does the moon follow us? (She asked this because you can see it everywhere you go)
- Why don't you drink beer with a straw?
- This isn't a race. (In response to Uncle Toby when he teased her for not being finished with her pizza after he had already finished)
Organized by Memphis Urban Sketchers at 10:37 AM 1 comment:
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
What I've Learned Sketching a Soldier a Day
Over the past few weeks I've been sketching a soldier a day, as an exercise in reminding myself on a daily basis that there are approximately 90,000 Americans currently stationed in Afghanistan. Here is what I have learned so far:
- It is difficult to find news about the war in Afghanistan on the internet.
- Soldiers have to carry a LOT.
- Sometimes I start drawing the soldier's gun without even realizing what it is; it is so much a part of them.
Organized by Memphis Urban Sketchers at 9:33 PM No comments:
Monday, March 14, 2011
Guestlist: Hungry Little Dog
List of (Unauthorized) Things My (9 lb.) Dog Ate Last Week: by Click (Daily)
1. 3 Benadryl
2. 3 airhead candies
3. Some wood set aside to burn in the fireplace
4. Some wood that was partially burnt in the fireplace
Organized by Memphis Urban Sketchers at 7:23 PM 1 comment:
Friday, March 4, 2011
Guestlist: Thoughts While Biking the Greenline
By Click (Daily)
1. Oh good, they cleaned up that mess at mile marker 6. Thanks Shelby Farms Conservancy!
2. ACK, watch out squirrel…whew.
3. I wonder if she is going to move over…"on your left!"
4. Please don’t pop my rode tires, little wooden boards.
5. Dang..it is windy. I almost can’t keep my bike straight.
6. That is why those jerseyed guys need long bike rides – gears.
7. That prison food smelly yicky.
8. At least the wind will be at my back when riding back west.
9. Why isn’t the wind at my back?
10. Why do those concrete trucks have non-profit logos on them (Civil Rights Museum, Sun Studios)?
12. How can you jog with those big…nevermind.
13. Thank you, kind drivers, for stopping while I cross.
14. What a nice screened in porch.
15. I wonder if Toby Long and Richard Alley will have gone to lunch yet when I get back. And I wonder if they will invite me along.
16. I should write a list down for Elizabeth Alley.
Organized by Memphis Urban Sketchers at 4:45 PM No comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)