1. Memphis Motorsports Park
2. Carpenter Sullivan Sossaman
3. Midtown Nursery
4. Central Station
5. Jefferson Avenue
6. Madison Avenue
Friday, May 29, 2009
Recent Random Pictures
Organized by Memphis Urban Sketchers at 8:47 PM No comments:
What We Talked About at Thursday Night Dinner
- the gays
- the Middle East
- GK turning 3
- men who knit
- family reunions
- Eddie Izzard
- the cunning use of flags
- Kim Jong Il
- making ice cream
- eating on road trips
- The Yiddish Policemen's Union (though it was not actually mentioned by name)
- Midnight's Children
- loose teeth
- personal grooming habits
- high school French
Organized by Memphis Urban Sketchers at 8:36 AM 2 comments:
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Top 5 Cereals
- Honey Nut Cheerios
- Fruit Loops
- Apple Jacks
- Cap'n Crunch
Organized by Memphis Urban Sketchers at 8:54 AM 8 comments:
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Things That Go Through My Head When I Shop for Presents
- Does he/she already have this?
- This is too much, too big.
- This is too little.
- This is a stupid idea.
- I should've done this a week ago.
- Why don't they have anything decent in this store?!
Organized by Memphis Urban Sketchers at 12:58 PM 2 comments:
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Things I've Enjoyed Recently
OOPS! I did not mean to leave that negative post hanging out there for so long. To balance that, here's a positive list of things I've enjoyed recently. Notice how much longer it is than the previous one - once I started this list, it was difficult to stop!
- Reading The Polysyllabic Spree by Nick Hornby
- Thinking about how Hornby's writing about reading would translate to writing about looking at art.
- Reading Food Matters by Mark Bittman and trying some of his recipes (I'm not saying they all work, though. At least not when I make them.)
- Sending flowers to my Mom for Mother's Day.
- Cocktail hour at the Dixon's.
- Seeing friends at the fund-raising event at work this past Friday, especially hanging out at Material with Hamlett Dobbins, who was nice enough to play Elvis Costello albums for me.
- Going on a date with my husband to see Star Trek.
- Leaving work early and taking a day off.
- Planning a trip to New York.
- Talking to people about Lost.
- Gossiping about Jon & Kate Plus 8 with the woman bagging my groceries at Schnucks.
- Thursday Night Dinner.
- Using my new label maker.
- Going to the Farmer's Market.
- Going to the Asian Market on Cleveland.
- Lunches with friends.
Organized by Memphis Urban Sketchers at 10:29 AM 1 comment:
Friday, May 8, 2009
Things I've Recently Stated That I HATE
- The Big Chill
- grant reports
Organized by Memphis Urban Sketchers at 10:30 AM 5 comments:
Friday, May 1, 2009
Displays I Found It Difficult to Compete Against at the Elementary School Career Fair
- a live owl
- Coast Guard boat ("Dude, you can like get on a boat and everything!")
- heart ultrasounds
- martial arts guy with a board for the kids to kick
- anyone handing out candy
Organized by Memphis Urban Sketchers at 12:20 PM No comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)